This ten hour course is designed with the hunter in mind. Whether your hunting Texas Whitetail Deer, or stalking the elusive Jackalope; this course will cover some of the illnesses/injuries that are associated with the hunting and fishing in the outdoors. Although we won’t go over “survival” skills; the course will familiarize the student with some “preventable techniques” while enjoying the outdoors. The subjects which we will cover, but not limited to are:
• Assessing a patient’s A.B.C.’s.
• Controlling moderate to severe bleeding.
• Blunt and penetrating trauma. Gun shot wounds Stab wounds Impaled objects
• Advanced airway techniques.
• Wound management.
• Patient movement.
• Environmental emergencies. Heat & Cold related injuries Animal/Insect bites
• Shock, identify and treatments.
• Burns, identify and treatments.
• Broken bones. Sprains & Strains
• Eye injuries.
• First Aid Kit selection.